We’re looking for a smart, energetic project manager with experience working in philanthropy. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and supervising all aspects of projects (from scoping to implementation), building and managing client relationships, and contributing to the growth and continuous improvement of the company.
- Work with clients to identify their needs and translate them into requirements for configuring and customizing the GivingData platform.
- Develop and manage project plans. Monitor projects’ progress and proactively identify and address challenges and risks factors to ensure that quality deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
- Support and perform software configuration.
- Support user acceptance testing and pilots.
- Deliver training.
- Facilitate the adoption of GivingData by supporting clients’ change management initiatives.
- Work with the help desk team to facilitate the timely resolution of support tickets.
- Be responsible for the administrative aspects of project management including invoicing, time tracking, and reporting.
Occasionally, manage sub-contractors.
Client Relationship Management Responsibilities
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative client relationships at all levels (junior to senior).
- Regularly communicate project status against goals, deliverables and key milestones.
- Facilitate client decision making by presenting clear options and recommendations.
- Inform product development by contributing ideas from client engagements and personal experience to GivingData product design.
- Work with other members of the Product Delivery Team to develop and document new methods and tools for the GivingData project delivery methodology.
- Cultivate professional networks in the philanthropic sector and represents GivingData at selected conferences.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Three years or more experience in project management including technology implementation work.
- Knowledge of grants management and the philanthropic sector is required.
- Previous experience in a grants management role or in a consulting firm working with foundations is a significant plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter and detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Open to learn from experience and focus on self- and company continuous improvement.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Knowledge of Google Docs and Apple Keynote a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology and project management tools (e.g., Asana) a plus.
- Ability to travel within the United States.
- College degree or equivalent education and experience is required. MBA or similar a plus.
Note: Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer without visa sponsorship in order to be considered.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.