The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for testing all the aspects of the GivingData software in order to meet the requirements and overall quality of the solution. The QA Specialist creates test plans and executes those plans to ensure that the solution works as expected. The solution is tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability, and compatibility with any implemented external applications.
- Translating functional requirements into written test cases and test plans.
- Troubleshooting, reporting and documenting technical issues, as well as suggesting improvements.
- Ensuring software meets functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Ensuring the end-user experience is logical, intuitive and easy to navigate.
- Maintaining regression test library.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Participating in discussions with Product Owners and Developers in discussing current and proposed plans, defects, enhancements and other issues.
- Participating in discussions about Quality Assurance processes, test methodologies, requirements analysis and defect tracking.
- Improving overall QA department’s testing effectiveness and efficiency by identifying and implementing better ways to work.
- Analyzing and implementing solutions for leveraging QA tools and techniques to create measurable improvements.
- Supporting the GivingData Help Desk as needed and occasionally serve as backup for trouble ticket submission triage.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multitask and work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Open to learn from experience and focus on continuous self- and company improvement.
- Ability to meet project milestones by maintaining perspective, balancing priorities, and keeping a positive outlook, particularly when working under tight timelines.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.