We’re looking for a smart, energetic Project Associate with experience working in philanthropy a plus, but not required. The Project Associate will work directly with Project Managers and clients to help ensure the smooth operation of project delivery and ongoing support.
- Attend client meetings to document needs and translate them into requirements.
- Provide updates to clients on status of project deliverables.
- Coordinate scheduling of client meetings and internal project deliverable meetings.
- Assist Project Managers in configuration of client installations of GivingData.
- Prepare presentations, training materials and other client deliverables.
- Assist Project Managers with project administration tasks such as meeting coordination and logistics, time tracking, invoicing, and reporting.
- Participate in QA and Testing of new product releases.
- Participate in user acceptance testing and pilots of new features with clients.
- Support Project Managers in monitoring of required project deliverable deadlines.
- Support the help desk team to facilitate the timely resolution of support tickets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Two to three years related experience or recent graduate with good technical aptitude and able to quickly learn new applications, tools, and project management methodologies in a product development/technical project implementation environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multitask and work on multiple projects at the same time, independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet project milestones by maintaining perspective, balancing priorities, and keeping a positive outlook, particularly when working under tight timelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Open to learn from experience and focus on self- and company continuous improvement.
- Keen interest in using technology to support complex work processes and knowledge management in organizations.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Apple Keynote, and Asana a plus.
- Knowledge of the philanthropic sector and of grants management processes a plus.
- Previous experience in a grants management role within a private foundation is a significant plus.
- Ability to travel within the United States.
- College degree or equivalent education and experience is required.
Note: Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer without visa sponsorship in order to be considered.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.